Tuesday, April 24, 2007

#4 Licensing

All right I'll be the honest one. I didn't come across any licensing problems because I just chose clipart that was available on yahoo and I'm using SeaMonkey making my own backgrounds and templates. When I did research on Google this is what popped up during my search about Creative commons. As far as fair use my understanding has always been that you can use something for your own purposes as long as you weren't distributing it to others. Apparently I wasn't too far off because Wikipedia pretty much says the same thing. That you can use materials without having to worry about copyright issues. When I read other's blogs about this same topic I felt that Josh did a really good job of explaining the differences. I also commented on Kern's site this week.

4 comments:

Laura Roberts said...

I like the thought of using clipart, that way you know forsure your not breaking any copyright or fair use laws.

Good job on the definition!

KARL said...

I agree, using clip art or your own creation will rule out any doubt of steeling.

Kern.213 said...

Hello!! I really wanted to comment on yours. Clip art is an awesome way to avoid copyrights. I'm sure copyright won't be a big issue with our websites for this class. Bye!!

Culver said...

I'm glad you are being honest. I also used Wikipedia for information regarding copyrights and fair use.