Wow, it's finally here, my final post! Technology is fascinating! That's my overall opinion. Deep isn't it? Let me share some of my thoughts with you. Like you're really that interested, but here it goes anyway. I am sometimes overwhelmed by the possibilities that technology allows us now a days. We are able to type something into a keyboard the the world is literally opened up to us. Back, way back, when I was in high school I was introduced to a computer for the first time. It was an Apple II and let me just say that we were taught how to write the programs that ran this computer. It was the only way you could get it to do anything. Wow, have we come along way baby!
We, as a society, don't go to books hardly anymore for information. We just sit down at our computer and Google, search, Wikipedia, whatever, but we don't really have to "search" for anything anymore. My son, who is 11, doesn't really know what an encyclopedia is and what it is used for. I can remember doing research papers in middle school and most of the information was gleaned from an encyclopedia. Now, my son asks to use the computer to find out any information he needs to know. It is amazing!
Could you imagine being a person from 100 years back and seeing a flash forward of today? They didn't even have telephones on the wall, now we've got them almost growing from our ears. Someday, they probably will really look that way. Earpieces will probably be fitted like hearing aids, unable to be seen, and the phone part may be attached to watches? Who knows.
Technology is opening all kinds of doors. Although I'm not creative enough to invent anything, I'm glad that others are. The Internet. What a fabulous invention.
Website capability is something that I will use in my teaching career. I'd like to get a grasp on Podcasting to be able to utilize it also. My students will probably know more than I will sometimes about technology. We need to be able to learn from each other. Total classroom instruction on computers? Happening now isn't it? Great possibilities.
Well all, it's be fun, glad to be done. Look forward to seeing all of you next Fall. Thanks for the kicks and giggles. I commented on Bryce's and Josh's website designs.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is amazing how far technology has come. Sometimes I even find it a little scary. I ask myself, "what else is there to invent, we have everything." Of course the next day I hear of a new invention and once again am amazed. I think the internet has been a great thing, but I also think it makes us lazy and we need to remember that good old books can get us a long way!!!
Good luck with your future teaching years, and keeping up with your website skills.
Post a Comment